JBaby

Finally Going To The Doctor

Rate this topic

Learned about gluten/celiac by accident late april. Researched it, did some food experiements, longest exp lasting 3 weeks and I felt phenominal. Like a new person. Been having difficult time staying on the diet. I saw doc for almost 2 years for all the symtoms that gluten and celiac give a person but these 2 possibilities never came up. I am finally going back with info and proof: what happens when i eat ceratin foods. Like tonight I had 2 slices of pizza hut supreme pizza. Was gluten free for last 3 days. well I felt it within a half hour. Still do and its been an hour and a half. Couldnt breathe. Felt like i was being squeezed. Had to take off my bra, there was that much pressure. Still feel that pressure in chest. brain fog and sooooo tired. I was bouncing like tigger when i cme home from work. I dont want to wste my time at docs on tuesday. I need to be clear with her. I dont have insurance so testing is out unless it is free. Not sure what I am sking you all. I just need to get on a plan and stay on it. This yo yo thing is not good for me. Thanks....Now I am itching!!!! Everywhere. Ugh!!!!!!

JBaby

Learned about gluten/celiac by accident late april. Researched it, did some food experiements, longest exp lasting 3 weeks and I felt phenominal. Like a new person. Been having difficult time staying on the diet. I saw doc for almost 2 years for all the symtoms that gluten and celiac give a person but these 2 possibilities never came up. I am finally going back with info and proof: what happens when i eat ceratin foods. Like tonight I had 2 slices of pizza hut supreme pizza. Was gluten free for last 3 days. well I felt it within a half hour. Still do and its been an hour and a half. Couldnt breathe. Felt like i was being squeezed. Had to take off my bra, there was that much pressure. Still feel that pressure in chest. brain fog and sooooo tired. I was bouncing like tigger when i cme home from work. I dont want to wste my time at docs on tuesday. I need to be clear with her. I dont have insurance so testing is out unless it is free. Not sure what I am sking you all. I just need to get on a plan and stay on it. This yo yo thing is not good for me. Thanks....Now I am itching!!!! Everywhere. Ugh!!!!!!

JBaby

Diagnosed or not it sounds like the gluten free diet is the way to go for you. It is not worth the pain of waitin for a diagnosis when you have been proved thru the way to feel.

Hope that helps~

I agree but for some reason I just need formality. It is apparent. I looked up the pizza dough i had tonight and it containd wheat and now I am having my own itch fest. My wonderful and amazing man left to get me some benadryl to stop the itching.

... I dont have insurance so testing is out unless it is free. ...

JBaby

There are doctors who will diagnose you based on your response to the diet, but not many. Before you go, you need to call and find out if she's one of them. Because if she isn't and you can't pay for the testing (blood tests and endoscopy, and you have to keep eating gluten for weeks on end for both), I don't see any point in keeping the appointment. You can post on the Doctors forum on this board to try to find a doctor near you who will give you a diagnosis based on dietary response. But again, unless you know that the doctor you're seeing Tuesday will do so, you'd just be wasting time and money.