modiddly16

Glutenized?

Rate this topic

Just curious....when has it started being called "glutenized"? Is that the new term for being glutened or is that just something that's started on this board as of recently? Maybe I'm out of the loop but I just started hearing this recently and wondered where it came from!

Just curious....when has it started being called "glutenized"? Is that the new term for being glutened or is that just something that's started on this board as of recently? Maybe I'm out of the loop but I just started hearing this recently and wondered where it came from!

That's the term I've always used. There was a poll a while back asking what you called it when you accidentally ingest gluten. I thought the term was just catching on. :)

I just think different people used different terms. I use glutened.

My husband thinks there should be a word - gluteny - used like gluttony, but specifically for a gluten-intolerant/celiac knowingly indulging in gluten-containing foods. :lol: :lol:

I could get on board with the gluteny term!!

my coworkers come up with every word they can involving gluten because they find it funny. "no no, you can't have this, this is gluten-laden" ha. heard that this morning.

but while they poke fun.....at least they care enough to be knowledgeable about my gluten issues!!

i'm not sure i can get on board with the glutenized term though. it makes me feel like someone who needs a doctor immediately haha I'm not sure why. sort of like "Nurse, this woman has been glutenized, we need a shot of immodium and some sprite stat!!"

ha :P:D

i'm not sure i can get on board with the glutenized term though. it makes me feel like someone who needs a doctor immediately haha I'm not sure why. sort of like "Nurse, this woman has been glutenized, we need a shot of immodium and some sprite stat!!"

LOL!

I could get on board with the gluteny term!!

my coworkers come up with every word they can involving gluten because they find it funny. "no no, you can't have this, this is gluten-laden" ha. heard that this morning.

but while they poke fun.....at least they care enough to be knowledgeable about my gluten issues!!

LOL. After ingesting gluten, I do feel like I need a doctor- stat! Don't you wish it were as easy as a shot of immodium and some sprite?