Evie4

Does Too Much Ginger Make You Sick?

Rate this topic

I'm sitting here in my office trying to distract myself from the nausea. I had lunch about 2 hours ago and made the mistake of eating a chunk of ginger root that was in the meal. I can add some grated ginger to season a meal, but something like a chunk (1/2" square by 1/8" thick) in a sitting makes me sick.

I found out I had a problem with ginger years ago drinking ginger honey tea. I got terrible indigestion. So I know better. I don't know what I was thinking when I ate it...I'll attriubute to my fatigue and fog brain :(

I can't have ANY amount of ginger. It makes me incredibly nauseous. I can't stop throwing up, shaking, sweating and I get extremely dizzy. There have been times where I almost passed out. I discovered I couldn't have ginger about 8 years ago when I was on the way to the airport to fly back home. I couldn't stop vomiting in the airport and plane. Oh it was horrible.

I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. :( I hope you feel better soon.

I can't have ANY amount of ginger. It makes me incredibly nauseous. I can't stop throwing up, shaking, sweating and I get extremely dizzy. There have been times where I almost passed out. I discovered I couldn't have ginger about 8 years ago when I was on the way to the airport to fly back home. I couldn't stop vomiting in the airport and plane. Oh it was horrible.

I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. :( I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks CC :)

I was fine a couple hours or so later. Boy, I won't do that for a while again. Well, hopefully never again!

Gosh, you really have a terrible reaction to it. It's one thing to be home and sick, but to feel that way when you're traveling!! How terrible!!

If I have ginger cookies I get a ginger tongue. It feels like I've hot drink...scalded tongue. Ginger ale I seem to be okay...maybe it's diluted enough but in food...no way.