hbomb1012

Double Dipped Today

Rate this topic

Hello all. I'm a lurker and this is my first post. I had an EGD and colonoscopy bright and early this morning. I'll be going back to sleep, again, shortly, but I wanted to ask a question.

Does anyone here know what Erythematous duodenopathy means, exactly? The internet has actually been less than helpful and I'm kind of wondering what to expect from my biopsy results. My GP suspects Celiacs, but my GI wanted tests before he would venture a guess.

Any help is wonderful. Thanks.

:) - Heather

Just wanted to welcome you to the board...happy you joined!

Just wanted to welcome you to the board...happy you joined!

Thanks. From my lurking, this seems a very friendly and helpful kind of place. I have ended up here several times in my research.

Welcome to the board. If my memory of medical terminology is correct Erythematous duodenopathy means that you duodenum was red and inflamed. And yes this could be from celiac. I hope the biopsies give you a definate answer but even if they are negative you should give the diet a good strict try.

Welcome to the board. If my memory of medical terminology is correct Erythematous duodenopathy means that you duodenum was red and inflamed. And yes this could be from celiac. I hope the biopsies give you a definate answer but even if they are negative you should give the diet a good strict try.

I, apparently, slept right through this response and forgot I had even posted. Yay, Versed. I have a follow-up in the 19th with my GI and I'm hoping for an answer then. Since the colonoscopy prep gave me a nice, good cleaning out, I've been paying much more attention to what I eat and the effect it has on me. I wish I could say that there are foods that don't make me feel sick, but it is really just a matter of degrees of sick feeling right now.

However, food with no gluten makes me feel much less sick, so even if the results are inconclusive, I think that is going to be the way I go. Of course, sadly, I am kind of hoping for a confirmed diagnosis. I am sick of being sick. :(