LauraLee123

Gluten Free Side Effects-yeast Infection Etc.

Rate this topic

Hello,

First, I would like to thank all who post here for the wealth of information you provide!

This is the forth time I have been gluten free. The first three times were by accident :rolleyes: A doctors "low carb diet"",a nutritionists program twice and now on my own.

The first week I had severe diarrhea which is now subsiding, week three. Secondly I have a painful yeast infection. Of course the doctors look at me with a slight tilt of there head and reply so sweetly "really?????????" a common reply over the last 17 years along with a psychology referral :D I don't commonly have yeast infections and this is the forth time it has happened when going gluten free. Also, diarrhea is not usually a problem.

Why would being gluten free cause this reaction? Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,

Laura

Hello,

First, I would like to thank all who post here for the wealth of information you provide!

This is the forth time I have been gluten free. The first three times were by accident :rolleyes: A doctors "low carb diet"",a nutritionists program twice and now on my own.

The first week I had severe diarrhea which is now subsiding, week three. Secondly I have a painful yeast infection. Of course the doctors look at me with a slight tilt of there head and reply so sweetly "really?????????" a common reply over the last 17 years along with a psychology referral :D I don't commonly have yeast infections and this is the forth time it has happened when going gluten free. Also, diarrhea is not usually a problem.

Why would being gluten free cause this reaction? Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,

Laura

Well I haven't (wrong gender) but didn't want to see your post fall off the front page without a reply. Here's a thread from a few years ago that might help: http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/index.php?showtopic=27306 (or might be TMI, I don't know.:)) The general thought seems to be that yeast infections are connected to candida overgrowth, in turn connected to antibiotics killing off the beneficial bacteria keeping the yeast in check. I don't know why there would be any connection to gluten-free-ness per se, but I don't know much. You might want to try reposting in the Related Disorders and Research forum, which doesn't move quite so quick.

Sorry, I usually only get them now when I am glutened. Before I would have them frequently for many years, maconozole is a staple in my bathroom! It very well could be candida and there are some here who are well versed in its symptoms. Maybe they will respond for you.