sandwich girl

Traveling With Gluten Free Toddlers

Rate this topic

My family just took our first family vacation after being diagnosed. My daughter planned very well on the trip to the beach. We ate gluten free sandwiches, fruit, yogurt, snacks, etc.My daughter made it extra special by making a great picnic lunch. The girls are ages 2 and 4 years old and have been diagnosed 3 or 4 months.

The girls were very lucky to find a gluten free pizza that they could eat at one of the upscale restaurants. They also were fortunate that they could eat boiled shrimp at the same restaurant. There was also a health food store across from the condo. (Gluten-Free pizza $14) Ha

]Now this is the part I had a hard time with, remember I am the grandmother, first trip, and my ]emotions do get in the way

On the way home from the beach we had a hard time finding something for the girls to eat. They ate lots of homemade trail mix and that was fine, but my heart was a little sad when they had Burger King french fries for lunch. When dinner arrived they ate yogurt. It was very late and was not very well planned. We are new at this. My daughter did a brilliant job with meal planning. My son in law and daughter, after finding their precious daughters fast asleep slipped in a drive thru to order for my son in law.

My question for all of you is this. Is their any advice that we can use on trips like this we plan on making in the future.

p.s. I am being tested this week, and my youngest daughter got tested last week. She is 20 and in college. No results yet.

Sorry this is so long, I promise not to take up all this time from now on,