mom26boys

Need Help With Test Results Please!

Rate this topic

Hi! Can anyone please explain to me what the tests I had done mean? My lab report says:

ENDOMYSIAL AB(IGA) SCREEN POSITIVE

ENDOMYSIAL AB TITER 1:5

This is all my results say. I've looked and posted on this forum, but many of the tests I see have numbers and ranges. I'm wondering if my doctor should have done other tests and/or what specifically this test looks for. Also does anyone know what the 1:5 titer means? It was in the "out of range" column, but there was no reference range in the results. I've looked all over the internet and every website I come across is very technical and meant for a medical professional. Thanks!

I can't tell you specifically what the tests mean but I do know that when they say positive and out of range the tests results were very high. Hopefully someone else will chime in with a more technical response.

I can't tell you specifically what the tests mean but I do know that when they say positive and out of range the tests results were very high. Hopefully someone else will chime in with a more technical response.

Thank you so much! I'm just confused because it seems so many people that post their results on here have range numbers and and several tests and mine doesn't, so I was wondering if it could be a false positive or a "low" positive or what. I, too, hope someone will chime in with more technical information, but I really appreciate your feedback :)