Tica

Baja Fresh Mexican Grill

Rate this topic

Is anyone familiar with "BAJA FRESH- Mexican Grill" I was given a gift card and we have two restaurants here in Miami. The website was not very helpfull with specific ingredients. I emailed them and I am waiting for their response. But I trust you guys more LOL.

Is anyone familiar with "BAJA FRESH- Mexican Grill" I was given a gift card and we have two restaurants here in Miami. The website was not very helpfull with specific ingredients. I emailed them and I am waiting for their response. But I trust you guys more LOL.

I'm not sure about them but I can tell you that anything with "mexican grill" in the title is not authentic mexican food and therefore they will most likely use a lot more flour. My advice is to go in to the location where you plan to eat during off hours when it's not very busy and ask for the manager. Explain to him/her that you can't eat wheat/rye/barley and ask if there's anything on the menu that you can eat. Make sure you ask not only about the tortillas, but also what goes on or into the meats, beans and rice. If you want something with a hard taco shell, ask if it's fried in a dedicated fryer.

Good luck, hope you can use the gift card. :-)

Very difficult. I think I ate something dry and bland after giving the manager the 3rd degree. I re-gift gift cards that I can't use.

I can only speak for my local Baja Fresh, but the managers and employees there have been very understanding and helpful.

I get a veggie burrito "bare style" (no tortilla). The corn chips at my location are fried in oil they use only for corn chips (there are some breaded fried options, and my understanding is that at some locations they might use the same fryer, so make sure you ask). They do have corn tortillas that you can have on the side, but there is a risk of cc if they heat them up on something they also use to heat up flour tortillas. They're pretty accommodating if you want to ask them to heat it up on its own pan. Some locations you can see inside the whole kitchen, so you could even watch to make sure they do.