Rate this topic

i just got my test results back after 3 weeks and i have no clue how to read them. i have been trying to get my doc to return my calls to talk to me about them but nothing after a week of calls. does anyone know what they are talking about when i have a IGA, Serum 180 mg/dL does that mean i do have the antibodies or is that normal.

Hi Ben,

Post your result here and include the lab ranges. Someone can help you.

Good luck. I'm thinking about switching doctors after my experience. She said my test came back negative and that I can go back to eating wheat, then I did, and it wasn't pleasant. What she didn't tell me was that being gluten free a while before the test would screw up the results. I don't even think she knew that. She was even more concerned about testing for everything BUT gluten intolerance. I'm learning from this board that doctors have a strange aversion to helping us out with this? :o

IGA, Serum 179 mg/dL reference range 81-463

the doc who did the testing in the lab at brooke army med center in ft sam houston tx said that his interpretation is that i am neg for celiac disease and my Gastro doc i am seeing is just saying that i have ibs and the stomach cramp/pain and bloating, and being really gassy is nothing to really worry about and says that the robinal will take care of all that and the really bad case of the diarrhea that i have every day.....should i just switch to a new doc he did scope my intestines but say he found nothing

This is the full Serologic Panel for Celiac that needs to be taken. Are you still eating a full gluten diet?

http://www.celiacdiseasecenter.columbia.ed...C05-Testing.htm

no i started watching what i ate before they did that test...not knowing that i should have been eating a full gluten diet up till the test. i started eating a full gluten diet a few days after and im back to the point where im afraid to eat a full meal or anything at that because of the diarrhea, stomach cramps. gas and bloating. i also just found out that the reason i was not getting my calls returned by my doc is that his nurse or use to be nurse was having problems with not giving him messages and other stuff. there has been times the pain has been so bad that i wanted to go to the er but being in the army and where i am at the health care isnt the greatest and more than likely they would say i just have indejestion and that i am fine... lucky me.

IGA, Serum 179 mg/dL reference range 81-463

I think this just means that you are not IGA deficient. It indicates your body has the ability to produce IGA antibodies. Is this the only test your doctor ran?

I think this just means that you are not IGA deficient. It indicates your body has the ability to produce IGA antibodies. Is this the only test your doctor ran?

yea but now i have a list of the tests he is suppose to run when checking for celiac disease