AD1966

Duffy's In Jupiter, Fl

Rate this topic

My hubby and I decided to go to Duffy's for lunch today...I have been gluten-free for 3 months now. Duffy's has a gluten-free menu and on it one of their items is "Wings"...I was so excited to order them. We asked after placing our order if they are cooked in separate clean oil, the waiter had no idea, he came back and told us that they are not! Ofcourse we spoke to the manager and her argument is that even though its on their gluten-free menu you should know that you are taking a risk ordering something that has to be fried. I tried to explain to this person that it shouldnt be on a gluten-free menu because its obviously not gluten-free. They had also offered me coleslaw which she was not sure what ingredients were in it. When I tried ordering a burger I was asked if I wanted it on the bun. She said this is all the information they have gotten from "Duffy's Headquarters" so not even the chef had a clue. I got up and left ofcourse!

I dont plan on eating there ever again.

How frustrating! Boston Pizza sponsors my soccer team and I emailed their head office to see what I could eat. Their list included french fries, wings, etc. I asked them NOT to tell other customers that these items are gluten-free but they did not take them off their gluten-free options list.

I went to Moxie's and ordered off their gluten-free menu and my salad came with bread! lol

I hear ya, some restaurants seem to add it as a "fad" diet and don't realize the health implications.

Good for you for getting up and leaving! Hope you find lots of good, safe places to eat :)

Jillian

My hubby and I decided to go to Duffy's for lunch today...I have been gluten-free for 3 months now. Duffy's has a gluten-free menu and on it one of their items is "Wings"...I was so excited to order them. We asked after placing our order if they are cooked in separate clean oil, the waiter had no idea, he came back and told us that they are not! Ofcourse we spoke to the manager and her argument is that even though its on their gluten-free menu you should know that you are taking a risk ordering something that has to be fried. I tried to explain to this person that it shouldnt be on a gluten-free menu because its obviously not gluten-free. They had also offered me coleslaw which she was not sure what ingredients were in it. When I tried ordering a burger I was asked if I wanted it on the bun. She said this is all the information they have gotten from "Duffy's Headquarters" so not even the chef had a clue. I got up and left ofcourse!

I dont plan on eating there ever again.