chiroptera

Clarinex - Told Not Guaranteed gluten-free-do You Take It?

Rate this topic

Hi,

I was excited because I thought I finally found an allergy med that didn't make me feel lethargic or make me unable to sleep. I have been taking prescription Clarinex for 6 days. I had been noticing glutened symptoms again but thought maybe it was cc or something I had eaten. Well it just occured to me that I didn't call the company about the Clarinex, I guess because I had it in my head that it was safe.

The company just told me that they have many ingredients that they change supplies for so they definitely cannont guarantee the gluten-free status. I realize this is a cya statement, but what you do all think? Does anyone use it with no problems? Would you take it?

Thanks so much; I reallly don't know what to do because I'm not positive it's bothering me.

I don't take it but I would. In fact, I might. Allergy season coming on soon.

richard

I would stop taking it and then after my symptoms had resolved try it again. If the same 'I been got' feeling happened it would then go into the trash. Why the FDA allows gluten ingreidents in any med is beyond me. I hope they wise up soon.