runningcrazy

Gene Question Help Please!

Rate this topic

So my genes from enterolab were HLA-DQ 3,3 (subtype 8,7) can someone tell me what in the world this means in a way i can understand??? Im very confused.

And I had on the fecal antigliadin test a 26 (normal less than 10) but on the fecal tissue transglutimanase it was a 9(normal less than 10) does it mean anything?? One positive and one negative. It says to stay off gluten because i had a positive. any other info? thanks

So my genes from enterolab were HLA-DQ 3,3 (subtype 8,7) can someone tell me what in the world this means in a way i can understand??? Im very confused.

And I had on the fecal antigliadin test a 26 (normal less than 10) but on the fecal tissue transglutimanase it was a 9(normal less than 10) does it mean anything?? One positive and one negative. It says to stay off gluten because i had a positive. any other info? thanks

http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/index.ph...mp;#entry558863

Thankyou but what I dontunderstand about it is that I read on other sites that they have something like dq8 o dq2, but why is mine dq 3,3 (8,7)? Would this be the dq8??

Other than that I know that I need to be gluten free so thank you for the help!

Thankyou but what I dontunderstand about it is that I read on other sites that they have something like dq8 o dq2, but why is mine dq 3,3 (8,7)? Would this be the dq8??

Other than that I know that I need to be gluten free so thank you for the help!

Yes, you are carrying the DQ8 gene. This whole genetic stuff is pretty confusing to me, too!! :lol:

I am definitely NOT a geneticist!!! LOL :lol::lol: I've tried to understand, but when you start getting into the alpha and beta chains, I go crosseyed. :blink: There are, however, people on here who seem to be very gifted in understanding what's up with the genetic aspect. Hopefully, they'll jump on here soon!