RoccosMOM

Any Symptomatic Relief Suggestions For My 3 Yr Old Son

Rate this topic

My son was recently diagnosed with Celiac - I am a 42 yr old Celiac mom. I was diagnosed 9 years ago. I manage my symptoms when I really need to with some meds. Nausea responds well to Dramamine if I take it within a certain window of time before it becomes too strong I can actually guard it off before throwing up. However, when my son gets sick it just saddens me beyond imagination to not be able to give him some relief. Anyone have any suggestions for me. He throws up violently and the diarrhea - well we all know how bad that is... :blink:

Thank you.

Poor guy! I feel your pain. Ours is usually lower gi with both kids. I will sometimes give immodium to alleviate the d, and I try to feed them binding foods and drink lots of water.

Poor guy! I feel your pain. Ours is usually lower gi with both kids. I will sometimes give immodium to alleviate the d, and I try to feed them binding foods and drink lots of water.

Thanks Rachelle - It's soooo sad to see how hard it hits him. I actually don't have an official diagnosis other than the MyCeliac ID genetic test which came back high risk red zone probability - this last incident over the weekend was actually the second traumatic incident involving both upper and lower GI symptoms - but, they were exactly alike except the second one was much more severe with symptoms - he also has anxiety issues not classified as age appropriate - so I try to help him deal with that as well. It just feels good to talk to other parents who are dealing with children with celiac - sometimes when he is having his bad moments especially when it breaks out in the middle of the night I feel so alone like I'm the only celiac parent with a celiac child to care for. Thank God my husband is soo good with Rocky when he gets sick MIke is right there holding him while I manage the mess. Anyway - thanks for your feedback.

Ronnie

I'm so sorry your son is not feeling well. Just wanted to say that when me or my kids have horrible glutenaches, as we call them, we put a hot water bottle or heating pad on low/medium over the tummy and it helps takes the edge off..

good luck! :)

Hello,

On the advise of a pharmacist, I started using childrens liquid Rite Aid brand clear antihistamine for my DH. I was surprised to find that it also shortened the length of time my GI upset lasts.

Hope this helps

RA

Hello,

On the advise of a pharmacist, I started using childrens liquid Rite Aid brand clear antihistamine for my DH. I was surprised to find that it also shortened the length of time my GI upset lasts.

Hope this helps

RA

Beautiful idea!!! Thankyou sooo much from me and my son. :rolleyes: It kills me to see him suffer and anything I can do to help get him through a rough time is a life saver for me. TY again.

Veronica and Rocco

I'm so sorry your son is not feeling well. Just wanted to say that when me or my kids have horrible glutenaches, as we call them, we put a hot water bottle or heating pad on low/medium over the tummy and it helps takes the edge off..

good luck! :)

Another great suggestion - his pain gets soo bad he can't sit still he stands there crying and whining and pacing at times - holds onto my leg and keeps repeating mama im sick ..its awful. Ty again for the suggestion.

Veronica and Rocco :)

I don't know if this will help or not, but when my daughter had her endoscopy they found out the celiac caused gastropareisis. It takes longer for her to digest her food. Before we went gluten free every so often she would wake in the middle of the night with excruciating stomach pains that lasted for a few hours and then she would vomit and be fine. Once it happened I know she was eating fresh coconut and her body could not digest it so it had to go back out. The gluten free diet has stopped the vomiting, but she still has problems with heart burn, indigestion and reflux. After she was diagnosed, we had to watch her diet for any foods that were difficult to digest - fresh fruits and vegetables, etc. the fruit skins were bothersome. As we proceed with gluten free diet, her symptoms slowly improve. We have been gluten free (except for a few mishaps) for 8 months now. Good Luck and I hope he feels better soon.

I don't know if this will help or not, but when my daughter had her endoscopy they found out the celiac caused gastropareisis. It takes longer for her to digest her food. Before we went gluten free every so often she would wake in the middle of the night with excruciating stomach pains that lasted for a few hours and then she would vomit and be fine. Once it happened I know she was eating fresh coconut and her body could not digest it so it had to go back out. The gluten free diet has stopped the vomiting, but she still has problems with heart burn, indigestion and reflux. After she was diagnosed, we had to watch her diet for any foods that were difficult to digest - fresh fruits and vegetables, etc. the fruit skins were bothersome. As we proceed with gluten free diet, her symptoms slowly improve. We have been gluten free (except for a few mishaps) for 8 months now. Good Luck and I hope he feels better soon.

Thank you soo much for your feedback i appreciate all the advice I can get. Hopefully as he adjusts to the gluten free diet these issues will resolve themselves.