newceliac

Help With Supplements

Rate this topic

I recently bought some supplements to start using. I thought they might help since sometimes I just don't feel "up to par". I need a little advice about when is a good time to take them (with or without meal, bedtime, morning, etc.) for the maximum results.

I got d3 5000 iu (as I have vitamin d deficiency problems off and on). I already take calcium. I also got sublingual b12 and coenzyme b6 complex. All are by Country Life. I have not taken any of these yet.

I also got the Natural Calm powdered magnesium. I took 1/2 tsp., per instructions, last night. It gave me small cramping about 1 hr. after and I awoke with some nausea this morning. I assume it is from the magnesium. Is this normal and something that will pass after my body gets used to it? I feel my stomach is super sensitive and I am sick of it!

Any advice for the supplements is appreciated. Thanks!

Try calcium/magnesium softgels; they are great in not upsetting one's stomach. I take the ones made by schiff.

I swear by L-glutamine. It's better than immodium for the rare time that I get glutened. I just put a little of the powdered in my water and drink.

We bought a bottle of the gel capsules to have on hand in the car for emergencies when on the road.

Kefir is good for your immune system and now they have kefir made from coconut milk (So Delicious--I just had it yesterday and it is SO DELICIOUS!)--so there is no dairy at all in it.