nu_to_no_glu

Feeling Overwhelmed.

Rate this topic

Today I've been feeling way overwhelmed with everything. I've been gluten free for almost 4 weeks and really feeling the best I have in quite sometime. After searching for 28 years, it initially has been such a relief to finally have a diagnosis, I think I've just almost been on a high! But for some reason, today I'm just iritable and feel like I'm crawling out of my skin! I physically don't feel bad. I did get some vitamin level results back and it states my B's are way way low and C as well. Maybe that was just a reality check and I've been in a little denial, I'm so used to going to drs and having them tell me that I have IBS, nothing wrong, this almost seems surreal? I guess I've been so happy to find relief, I forgot to actually think about the impact of this disease. It doesn't help that others are so non-chalant about it, not that I expect a parade :), but I feel annoyed that people don't get it. Also, researchibg low B vitamins made me a little upset and angry bc of all of the havoc wreaked on my body after so much time. Sorry to vent, I'm glad I found this site for support...just having a bad day. I'm sure you all relate. Trying not to take it out on others and needed a release :) Thanks! Any tips on coping and whether these feelings are normal would be great.

Yes your feelings are normal. ((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))

If you haven't already you should add some sublingual B12 to your vitamins. You may not be able to absorb and utilize it yet through the ones you swallow.

Hi, I'm so glad that you are finally on the right track for getting healthy. I say, "Halleleujah!" everytime someone discovers what the reasons for their problems have been. I want to encourage you that you WILL continue to feel better and better as time goes by. Learning what is going on with your system, and discovering that it is gluten intolerance and possible intolerance to other foods is the beginning step on your journey to renewal. I'm 64 and have had symptoms since age 8, so, of course, I've become ecstatic at knowing what was causing my problems. In the beginning it was difficult to change my ways of eating, and I would cheat when I felt better, but now that I am aware of which foods to eat, which to avoid, and what the consequences can be, I am ALWAYS diligent about eating right . I think that other people have such a hard time with learning about our diet because they can see the self-discipline it takes to stick to this diet. With time, with sharing, and with caring, I hope that we can help others as we've been helped. Welcome to the site, and best wishes. Welda

Thank you both! Ravenwood, you've been especially helpful to me :) So thank you! I'm already feeling better, I took a little me time this afternoon, so that helped. I think my husband gets annoyed listening to me bc all I talk about is gluten, neuropathy,etc.(But it's super annoying when your arm goes numb all the time, ya gotta tell someone) People truly don't realize there's so much more that goes along with all of this. It's nice to vent, thanks!