brigala

The Counter Burger - Anybody Try This?

Rate this topic

This place has a customizable burger which can be ordered "in a bowl" instead of "on a bun."

The website doesn't have any allergen or gluten information, though. In the NEWS section, it does mention something about a vegetarian burger being made with bread crumbs, so clearly their veggie burger is out. It also says their beef burgers are made from 100% beef so I hope that would mean they don't have flour or other dangerous fillers.

Has anybody tried eating here? Hopefully they grill their veggie burgers separately from their meat burgers, if only to keep them vegetarian. I wonder whether anybody has talked to them and knows which condiments or other choices for their "burger in a bowl" might be safe for Celiacs.

I don't have one near me, but there's one in the Seattle area I'd like to try. It looks pretty yummy.

-Elizabeth

This place has a customizable burger which can be ordered "in a bowl" instead of "on a bun."

The website doesn't have any allergen or gluten information, though. In the NEWS section, it does mention something about a vegetarian burger being made with bread crumbs, so clearly their veggie burger is out. It also says their beef burgers are made from 100% beef so I hope that would mean they don't have flour or other dangerous fillers.

Has anybody tried eating here? Hopefully they grill their veggie burgers separately from their meat burgers, if only to keep them vegetarian. I wonder whether anybody has talked to them and knows which condiments or other choices for their "burger in a bowl" might be safe for Celiacs.

I don't have one near me, but there's one in the Seattle area I'd like to try. It looks pretty yummy.

-Elizabeth

I've been to the one in Irvine, CA. their burgers are the bomb :D:D

:D I've found them to been very accomodating, just don't go right at noon because they are super busy and would be a higher risk of CC. Bon apetit!

-Elizabeth

My husband and I have eaten at a Southern California location frequently because we like it and asked alot of questions about the food, especially after he accidentally got glutened.

As for the meats: We were told that the beef is 100% beef, no fillers, and the turkey is 100% turkey, no fillers. He's had no reactions to either so they do not seem to have gluten. On the other hand, we found out in a casual conversation that the chicken breast is marinated in a soy-based mixture so that's probably got wheat in it due to soy sauce often contains wheat. The owner did volunteer that he could cook a plain chicken breast upon request but I'm not sure if all restaurants would be as accomodating. I think I looked at the ingredients list for the veggie burger & it had oats and/or soy.

As for veggies: Sauteed onions glutened my husband and we found out they use soy sauce in sauteeing them so we never get those anymore. Otherwise, the raw veggies are fine.

As for sauces: Best to ask. Personally, we stay away from them just because you never know what's used as a thickener.

Sides: It's not offered on the menu but there are individual serving sizes of the fries. They are the small square size (versus the larger rectangular size) & about $1.50 (vs. $4.95).

Hope this helps, good eats! Maggie M