tmbarke

Women And Menstruation

Rate this topic

I'm curious if gluten intolerance, allergy, or celiacs has anything to do menstruation.

Mine are heavy with large clots and I wonder if this is common with this disorder.

I'm not sure when my next is to be as I've been becoming irregular this last year. Sometimes 2 light ones and sometimes 1 heavy one or I start later than my normal cycle - but the same results (clotting)

Has it changed for anyone else since going gluten-free?

We had a post regarding this just recently. We don't know, lol. I, too, have had all sorts of issues, but I'm at that age too. I have not seen any research or subjects indicating there's a tie between the two, but that doesn't count for much.

When I was in my teens I felt like I was going to die every second month. When I hit 35 my periods were becoming infrequent. One month heavy, nothing, light - you name it. When went to see the doctor he told me that I started menopause. This was before my diagnosis. Once I came off gluten my body has started to become more regular, but not always. I recently read that women with autoimmune diseases have similiar experiences.

We had a post regarding this just recently. We don't know, lol. I, too, have had all sorts of issues, but I'm at that age too. I have not seen any research or subjects indicating there's a tie between the two, but that doesn't count for much.

I guess I'm still learning the forum.......I'll try to find it

Up until I was going gluten free my cycles were very irregular, most times extremely painful and very very heavy. They'd last for a full 7 days.

Now they're RIGHT on schedule down to the day and are 4 days...then 3 tapering off with only slight color. Pains only on the first day and hardly no PMS (bloating, swollen/painful breasts)

One thing that hasn't changed is my emotional state. I cry the day before or the day of for unknown reasons. Then I say, "I am going to start tomorrow" and my husband says, "oohhh...yeah that's right"

oops I as well didn't realize it's posted elsewhere....how do I delete a post??

oops I as well didn't realize it's posted elsewhere....how do I delete a post??

I haven't a clue!

But hey - I got a little of what I was fishing for.....I am hoping for the lightening up and elimination of the clotting (it's a strange feeling when they pass by a tampon - like I wet myself!)

I have stopped getting the emotional part of it a long time ago - but I do get back cramps and a sharp pain in the lower abdomen that tells me it's on it's way.

My boyfriend said he could tell when I was going to start....but he wasn't always right.