tbondo_07

I'm Always Hungry! Know Of Any Good Snacks I Can Carry Around?

Rate this topic

Hello all. I am new to this gluten-free diet. I am so hungry all the time! (which, as I read, is normal). Being a college student though, I'm constantly on campus and without food. Does anyone have ideas of good (somewhat filling) snacks I can carry with me? I would love to take fruit for example, but it goes bad fast.

Also, I have sensitivity to salads, beans, red sauces, and too much fruit as it is. Is there any easy foods I can prepare that doesn't contain any of this? A link to a website would be great. Thanks so much!

Taylor

I just found the Nature Valley Roasted Nut Crunch bars in Almond - they're filling, but kind of pricey. I have them on hand for when I need to rush out the door and can't prepare anything in advance. I know a lot of people like to make their own stuff, but I have 2 jobs and 2 kids, so I'm often running out the door. :-) Sometimes I'm desperate for prepackaged food, and I get sick of apples and oranges all the time. I also love Glutino pretzel twists. Taste just like real pretzels!

Kind bars are great, and you can get them at Starbucks. All the gluten-free snack bars on Amazon are priced pretty well. Get little snack size ziplocs for nuts, raisins, gluten-free cereal. Apples are pretty sturdy, too. Celery sticks with those little individual servings of peanut butter. Pirate's booty comes in individual size bags (on sale at Ralphs!). String cheese, rice cakes.....

Nuts, pudding cups, Tostito chips, glutino pretzels, peanut butter singles, dried fruit, rice chex, chocolate almond milk singles, Sunny D,cheese stix, mini marshmellows, chocolate chips, shredded coconut...

Make some trail mix to nibble on with a juice

my girls have been making cookies by just replacing the wheat flour with brown rice flour so they can take those in the car

I like cheese sticks, grapes, trail mix, nuts, Lara bars, Funyuns, pouches of tuna, cans of chicken or beef.

Trio bars are really good. They have seeds, nuts and fruit in them . All organic and tasty. You can get them at Costco for a decent price.