Diva1

Afraid To Try Foods

Rate this topic

Hi

Does anyone feel like this..anxious when eating out or trying new foods even though there listed as gluten free (from internet)... I'm gluten free for only one month now it took almost 2 to 3 weeks to feel better...and when i gluten myself by mistake it takes almost 4 to 5 days to recuperate...

I dont want to have a phobia about food....but i get real anxious after new foods...will this get better in the months to come....

Diva :huh:

Give yourself a break!

You are still so new to this. At 6 mo. I really started to feel better and also started to get a handle on the gluten-free lifestyle. Also, the cravings for non-gluten-free foods started to get better. I am almost 2 yrs. gluten-free and still occasionally gluten myself at restaurants. Fortunately, you will have an arsinal of self help treatments in a few months. Keep reading and asking questions on the board-there are so many others much more knowledgable about this than I am.

As far as restarants go, you are doing the right thing by researching them beforehand. Be sure to make the server and even the chef aware of your gluten-free statis. I am in sales and I kept a notebook in my trunk that I printed out. The book had a gluten-free menu for a lot of the restaurants in my area, etc. That was very helpful in the beginning.

Remember, it is trial and error for all of us. Keep researching and asking questions and you'll do great!

Give yourself a break!

You are still so new to this. At 6 mo. I really started to feel better and also started to get a handle on the gluten-free lifestyle. Also, the cravings for non-gluten-free foods started to get better. I am almost 2 yrs. gluten-free and still occasionally gluten myself at restaurants. Fortunately, you will have an arsinal of self help treatments in a few months. Keep reading and asking questions on the board-there are so many others much more knowledgable about this than I am.

As far as restarants go, you are doing the right thing by researching them beforehand. Be sure to make the server and even the chef aware of your gluten-free statis. I am in sales and I kept a notebook in my trunk that I printed out. The book had a gluten-free menu for a lot of the restaurants in my area, etc. That was very helpful in the beginning.

Remember, it is trial and error for all of us. Keep researching and asking questions and you'll do great!

Thanks for the responce you are right ...patience and trial and error....

Yes, it does happen even when being extremely careful. At home, at a friends and in the community. Just know it will happen, do the best you can and enjoy what you eat even if it's just a plain baked potato.

My favorite thing to do is to go out to eat. Since it's hard to find a restaurant that is totally gluten free I decided to just make my favorite 'out to eat' dishes at home. I can have them more often and at less cost than if I went to a restaurant. When I go out to eat now I order something that I know (or hope) is gluten free.