Rate this topic

I was recently diagnosed, and am still trying to get all of the gluten out of my diet. I thought I had done so, but a couple of weeks ago started having issues, the only thing I could think of was the new Awake Tazo Tea I had just bought a package of. I cut it out, but looked on their website and they say it is gluten free. So, I just had some yesterday and this morning and I feel like I may have gotten some gluten again.

Has anyone out there had issues with drinking the "gluten free" Tazo Tea? It says on their website that all but four of their teas are gluten free, but I thought maybe there is a cross contamination issue or something? Either that or I am getting gluten from some other source that I haven't figured out yet.

Thanks!

I've never had trouble with any of their teas, and I am extremely sensitive.

Have you eliminated dairy? That can be troublesome while you are healing for most people.

I was recently diagnosed, and am still trying to get all of the gluten out of my diet. I thought I had done so, but a couple of weeks ago started having issues, the only thing I could think of was the new Awake Tazo Tea I had just bought a package of. I cut it out, but looked on their website and they say it is gluten free. So, I just had some yesterday and this morning and I feel like I may have gotten some gluten again.

Has anyone out there had issues with drinking the "gluten free" Tazo Tea? It says on their website that all but four of their teas are gluten free, but I thought maybe there is a cross contamination issue or something? Either that or I am getting gluten from some other source that I haven't figured out yet.

Thanks!

Well "Awake" Tea sounds like it's probably fully caffienated. Some people have problems with caffiene for a while. You might try decaffienated. Are you eating something with it when you are drinking it? That might help, too.

Thanks!

I drink at least 3 cups of Awake tea a day, and have never had an issue. Could be the caffeine as Janet suggested, or what you put into it for flavoring. Sometimes right after we go gluten-free, our systems become more sensitive for a while. Did you drink tea before being diagnosed?

I would suggest a simple food diary for the next few weeks--that should help you see a pattern. :)

Thanks everyone, sounds like it is not the tea, or if it is it may be the caffeine. I have not eliminated dairy so that could be it too.

I will try keeping a food journal, maybe that will help. Thanks for the suggestion!