Frances03

Cream Of Rice Hot Cereal?!?!?!

Rate this topic

I can't find a website with this product to find out what company makes it! Is it still available? I have a huge craving for it and it used to be Nabisco, but if you go to their website there is no cream of rice. I even checked B&G which makes cream of wheat now, but no cream of rice. Do you think they stopped making it??

Amazon has it.. (edit) Wow ok so an Amazon link was banned.... ooookay. Google search for cream of rice, it was the first listing.

Cream of rice is just granulated rice. You can use a handheld coffee grinder to grind rice. Measure out 1/4 of acup of the granulated rice and mix it with 1 cup of water. Put it in the microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds.

Cream of Rice is still widely available in the North East in Grocery Stores...so I guess it must still be around

It's around, but apparently it's the ugly stepsister of Cream of Wheat - small boxes, and only a few among all its wheaty brothers. I'm not even sure if every store has it. No idea whether it's safe from cc.

Thank you guys!!! You are all awesome. I dont know why I was getting so upset about cream of rice last night!! LOL And I couldn't find it anywhere, I even when to that bg foods that dada posted! what a dork I am. I find the ugly stepsister comment hysterical! And, I did find it at safeway in a tiny little box next to the bigger and more beautiful cream of wheat!! LOL As soon as I get my Vitamix, I think I'll just make it myself like rockaholic suggested!! Thanks so much everyone!! By the way I did see it on amazon but I dont really think I need 12 boxes of it, LOL!

It's around, but apparently it's the ugly stepsister of Cream of Wheat - small boxes, and only a few among all its wheaty brothers. I'm not even sure if every store has it. No idea whether it's safe from cc.

I see it at Kroger and other grocery stores right next to the Cream of Wheat. Nabisco doesn't make it anymore--the last couple of years it's made by B & G Foods. The last I checked, it was not made on dedicated lines.