hazeleyez682

Still Having Symptoms

Rate this topic

Hello all i was diagnosed about 2 weeks ago, and as soon as i knew i have to go gluten-free i did very seriously. On an average day i eat 2pieces of fuite a salad ,eggs, fresh meat and veggie. Yet still i am having diarreah in the morning. Does it take a while for symptoms to dissapate?

Hello all i was diagnosed about 2 weeks ago, and as soon as i knew i have to go gluten-free i did very seriously. On an average day i eat 2pieces of fuite a salad ,eggs, fresh meat and veggie. Yet still i am having diarrhea in the morning. Does it take a while for symptoms to dissipate?

Oh yes! It can take up to two years to completely heal, depending on the extent of damage. Try keeping a food diary, documenting everything that gets into your mouth. Vitamins, meds, lotions can all contact gluten. A shared toaster can transfer gluten

Dairy can also mimic gluten symptoms, so it's recommended to limit for a while until you heal some.

Two weeks is a short time to overcome a lifetime of eating gluten. Sneaky gluten could be finding it's way to you or it could just be a matter of you need more time. Tighten up your diet to see if you can find a way to eat that stops the D. I see you're eating fruit. I couldn't tolerate any fruit for a few months in. Now I can eat any fruit I want but not then. You may find that right now you are sensitive to things like dairy and fruits but later, after you've healed some, you can go back to them.

Oh yes! It can take up to two years to completely heal, depending on the extent of damage. Try keeping a food diary, documenting everything that gets into your mouth. Vitamins, meds, lotions can all contact gluten. A shared toaster can transfer gluten

Dairy can also mimic gluten symptoms, so it's recommended to limit for a while until you heal some.

i am new here dont really know what i am doing.... can it really take two years to get better

Don't worry, it shouldn't take two years before you have improvement. You should see some improvement very soon. It can take a couple of years for serious damage to heal and some people never heal completely all the way. But most are going to feel good very soon after starting the diet. You can feel good, then have a set back and maybe even find you can't tolerate other foods after some time. Hang in there. A food journal helps a lot and eating those simple whole foods to start with should get you on the right track. You've received all good advice. Keep asking questions and we'll keep giving all the answers we have.