motif

Anybody Had Esophagus Spasms?

Rate this topic

hi guys,

this is killing me recently, any natural help with this?

Sometimes I feel like my whole esophagus is moving, especially when lying down.

Sometimes more painful then others and I fell like it can be irritated or so.

I suspect then pain chest I have sometimes can be because of this.

I've had these spasms. They really really hurt like someone is ripping you in two. I've tried laying a warm towel over my neck and chest with some relieve.

Ahorsesoul, did they went away by itself?

Yea, they did. I haven't had any for a few years (knocking on wood).

hi guys,

Hi oh yes I have those too..they are very painfull....for me it feels like my food is trying to come back up my throat...tighness and chest pain and hurt right thru to back.....hang in there...i find if i eat smaller amount it helps..dont fill your stomach up to max....and sit up while it last dont lie down....

in case you have reflux.....

Diva

I read a story about someone with those spasms on Dr. Carolyn Dean's website. He stopped his with liquid magnesium. Are you taking magnesium regularly? It relaxes the muscles and blood vessels. She recommends 600 mg's for a normal adult. I take a little more than that and it has helped me a lot.

hi guys,

Are you sure these are esophagus spasms? Sounds like Gastritis to me! Google Gastritis and stick to a diet that avoids coffee, spices, alcohol, etc..... for two months and see if you improve.

Yes, I sometimes get esophagus spasms too, in the area around the adam's apple. It feels like a charley-horse in my neck and hurts like the devil for a few seconds. I can't swallow, have pain, difficulty breathing, and my eyes water. It make me feel like I want to sit up and stretch my neck, tilting my head back. I don't imagine it lasts even 1 minute, but it sure seems like longer when it happens. Fortunately, these rarely occur. Mostly, doctors have just shrugged their shoulders when I mentioned it, and said they had no idea what the cause was; then bushed me off and ignore it. But, one doctor sent me for a barium swallow. Of course, it didn't show anything as I can't do it on cue...so no medical person ever saw it happen. I think that they think I am making it up.

I also have a instantaneous spasm in my neck when I take the first swallow of coke cola - very rarely with other soda drinks. But, this kind of spasm doesn't last near as long and involves no pain. I have been accused of burping...but it isn't a burp! I figure that my body is telling me not to drink coke as there is something in it my body doesn't want to accept. Maybe coke has wheat or barley in it - who knows? Soft drink makers are so secretive about their recipes.

Misery likes company, I guess, for I'm glad to know I'm not the only odd one with spasms in the esophagus. I also have a spastic colon to go along with it. I don't have heartburn, so it can't be from GERD. I first noticed these spasms before I was diagnosed with celiac disease. They went away after going on the diet. Unknowingly I got a bunch of gluten last summer and have been having spasms off and on since. They are not terribly painful, but disturbing. Last evening the pain went into the upper back and it was relieved with a heating pad. The doctor suggested taking Buscopan, but didn't give me a perscription. I also get a very heavy feeling in my stomach if I eat a little to much.