ann72601

Green Poop

Rate this topic

Nasty subject.....sorry.

Right now because of other digestive disorders on top of the celiac, I have been on GAPS diet for 11 weeks. I haven't been able to digest carbs other than carrot and garlic juices, but can eat chicken, lamb the broth and oils like nuts, cod liver oil, etc... Am on my first week of a little kraut juice, about 4 tsp. throughout the day.

The last 3 days my poop has turned bright green and I was wondering if this was a good thing or not. Hate running to the doctor for every little thing.

Thanks!!

Forgive me for asking a silly question- have you been eating green things? I had that happen when I was eating asparagus..... :blink:

Is it with Diarrhea? If so you could Salmonella - can cause greenish stool (usually diarrhea)

# Giardia - can cause greenish stool (usually diarrhea)

I thought I read that green means it ran through the large intestine faster than normal. Dr. Oz has a Poop Primer on his website.

Forgive me for asking a silly question- have you been eating green things? I had that happen when I was eating asparagus..... :blink:

My complete diet for the last weeks is listed on my original post. That's why I was stumped.

Is it with Diarrhea? If so you could Salmonella - can cause greenish stool (usually diarrhea)

# Giardia - can cause greenish stool (usually diarrhea)

No, it's actually severe constipation.

I thought I read that green means it ran through the large intestine faster than normal. Dr. Oz has a Poop Primer on his website.

When our dd was a baby baby she had bright green (like shamrock green! very startling) poop in her diaper for a few weeks. At that time the ped told us it just meant her food was going through her system faster than normal, and not to worry. This was also the ped her told us she was just "colicky" and had a "temperament" the whole time she was reacting to gluten in breastmilk for two years before her celiac diagnosis, so take that for whatever it's worth!?