Imanistj

Pollyanna Vresus Eeyore.

Rate this topic

I have a friend who is totally optimistic about everything, and I am the complete opposite. My glass remains half empty and now that I am on a gluten-free diet, that glass often seems entirely empty. Anyway, I believe that my friend is not faking her optimism. This did take me a while and I have called her Pollyanna in the past when I was totally frustrated with a bad situation and she just bopped along always seeing something positive in every awful situation I found myself in.

Two nights ago I was reading topics and responses of people who are terribly stressed trying to adapt to the gluten-free diet. One person wrote in and gave an optimistic outlook regarding coping with the gluten-free diet. She ended her response with a statement that she is an optimist and others may call her a Pollyanna, but she is going to remain positive. I chuckled reading he entry because it could have been written by my friend! There really are natural optimists in this world :) I would like to find her entry (I haven't been able to locate it), and if she doesn't object, I would like to copy it and send it to my friend. If anyone recalls this entry and can point me to it I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Nancy

Hey,

That was me. I don't remember where it was either, but I will look at some of the places I usually go.

I know it is hard for others to put up with us sometimes, but it really is a natural condition as opposed to an act.

I have had some rough times (divorced with 2 small ones, lost both parents, job problems etc) but it does all seem to work out OK. Kids are grown and doing great. Remarried to a WONDERFUL man. Much better job and retiring in 8 months.

I guess what I mean to say is it's not that we don't have problems... sometimes huge ones... it is just a different way of reacting. I wish I could remember who said it: I can't always control what happens to me; I can only control the way I react.

Try putting "Pollyanna" in the key word search box. The quote you're looking for is under "Only a few weeks in and not trusting...." all the way to the end.

I have a friend who is totally optimistic about everything, and I am the complete opposite. My glass remains half empty and now that I am on a gluten-free diet, that glass often seems entirely empty. Anyway, I believe that my friend is not faking her optimism. This did take me a while and I have called her Pollyanna in the past when I was totally frustrated with a bad situation and she just bopped along always seeing something positive in every awful situation I found myself in.

Two nights ago I was reading topics and responses of people who are terribly stressed trying to adapt to the gluten-free diet. One person wrote in and gave an optimistic outlook regarding coping with the gluten-free diet. She ended her response with a statement that she is an optimist and others may call her a Pollyanna, but she is going to remain positive. I chuckled reading he entry because it could have been written by my friend! There really are natural optimists in this world :) I would like to find her entry (I haven't been able to locate it), and if she doesn't object, I would like to copy it and send it to my friend. If anyone recalls this entry and can point me to it I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Nancy

hey nancy, i see you like ppl who are direct and to the point. I was diagnosed in April of this yr after being very ill since the spring of 2008. I made the switch to the gluten free diet and have regained my health.I still have a long way to go but am no longer puking my brains out on a daily basis.

good luck