This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Joint Pain And Hives Getting Worse Again!?

missybean

missybean Apprentice

I really don't know what is going on with my body but this is scaring me. I thought I had really figured things out when my doc and I discovered there was a gluten connection....via she diagnosed Dermatis Herpetaformis and said don't eat gluten anymore. Followed that advise and diarrhea, joint pain and itchy skin got better then a few weeks later I got this spreading rash that got worse and worse and thru paying attention to what I ate I wondered if I had other food allergies.....got IgG delayed food allergy test done and it came back positive to eggs,soy,casein and low reactive to almonds, potatoes and tomatoes. Anyway I had been avoiding all those food and the rash improved massively. Now I'm starting to get hives again on my knuckles and finger joints and hands and they itch and my joints in my hands are hurting again. This worries me because this is around the same time last year when all this began and the pain got so bad in my hands I couldn't open a door,change a diaper, etc. The doc thought I had RA..I was tested for everything...all came back negative. It was around that time that in doing my own reasearch I though well maybe it was systemic candia.???? Did the Candia Diet and with-in days pain and diarrhea went away. THis was before the gluten connection was even a thought. I still had some pain in my hands but it was greatly reduced...I believe now the reason why I improved was probably due to that I was mostly gluten free on the candia diet and why I still had some pain was because I would still have some gluten every now in then. But now I'm scared because I keep thinking maybe I do have some other autoimmune disease that hasn't been diagnosed yet...I already have two autoimmune diseases.???? Now I'm wondering is there something in our water since our water stinks again.....this happened last year around the same time. I called the water company and they said there was an algae bloom and the water was just tested and it clean and safe to drink. I'm wondering since it is common for this to happen every year and they have to treat the water with chemicals. Maybe my body can't handle those chemicals. Should I have my water tested on its own. Or maybe since it is getting wet and damp now....is it mold that is giving me issues...since I have mold allergies. Or is it candida again? Any one has similiar experience? I have avoided gluten for almost three months and other allergic foods for almost 3 weeks. I could do the candia diet again but it is extremely hard since I'm six months pregnant and hungry all the time and now with all these food allergies basically my choices are meat,fish,veggies and fruit. I'm soooooo sick of this. I just want to fell good. Can yeast really cause this many issues?

• 2 weeks later...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ang1e0251 Contributor

You tested positive to tomatoes and potatoes. These foods are part of the nightshade group of foods that I have read can be linked to small joint pain. Other foods to avoid in this group are peppers, eggplant and paprika. Check your spices for paprika in the mix and if you eat packaged or processed foods they might have nightshades in them.

Archived