kkkkaty

Glutened In My Own House!

Rate this topic

Well, Thanksgiving was at my house so I thought I had everything under control but somehow I was glutened! Now I'm looking forward to 8 or 9 days of misery -starting with knocking intestines, bloating, then several days of 0 bowel movements. plus some other unpleasant stuff (I'll spare you). After more than a year since diagnosis I've yet to figure out how to cope very well when I've been glutened. Do people take meds to ease the constipation, bloating etc.? Please share some strategies!

Drink lots of water, maybe some ginger or peppermint tea, take probiotics, get plenty of rest, eat simple and easily digested foods (stay away from processed foods). That's about it...

Maybe some milk of magnesia will get things moving again. Pepto Bismol can help with pain. I take DPP-4 also.

Bananas and rice for low irritation foods.

The only things that help me are avoiding dairy and chewing pepto bismol tablets.

I am new to the celiac disease world (recently diagnosed) but have had it for 6 years (pain and misery that I just "lived with")

In my research I have heard after you have been glutenized drink Aloe Juice. Haven't tried it yet but what the heck if it helps!

www.glutenfreefreak.com - seems like a weird site though...

I was glutened in my own house over Thanksgiving as well...gas constipation etc...not pleasant...

So your post was timely...

I am eating light...drinking lots of fluids....avoiding dairy....and waiting....

Aloe vera juice does help. I buy George's brand - tastes like water. It helps to relieve constipation and calm the stomach. Ginger tea calms the stomach too. Also, might not hurt to take additional magnesium supplements to relieve constipation. Or apple cider vinegar. I take it for heartburn, but it's helped with my chronic C too...1 teaspoon in a glass of water. You can do that up to 3 times a day if you wish. Feel better!