jasonD2

Anyone Use Hlc Probiotics?

Rate this topic

I purchased HLC synbiotic and wanted to make sure they are gluten free. There was some debate as to whether the apricot powder is safe since it contains matodextrin. Anyone have a problem with this product?

It is not a concern:

USA Code of Federal Regulations

Sec. 184.1444 Maltodextrin

CAS Reg. No. 9050-36-6. It is a nonsweet nutritive saccharide polymer that consists of D-

glucose units linked primarily by [alpha]-1-4 bonds and has a dextrose equivalent (DE) of less

than 20. It is prepared as a white powder or concentrated solution by partial hydrolysis of

cornstarch, potato starch or rice starch with safe and suitable acids and enzymes.

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh...cfm?fr=184.1444

Note: FDA also permits the use of other starches including wheat. For example, if wheat is used

it must be labeled "wheat maltodextrin".

This product is manufactured in the UK, so i dont know if those same rules apply

If it is sold in the United States the label and content must conform to US regulations.

I purchased HLC synbiotic and wanted to make sure they are gluten free. There was some debate as to whether the apricot powder is safe since it contains matodextrin. Anyone have a problem with this product?

I've used that product several times and never had any bad reactions or any symptoms indicative of celiac or my food allergies. My product container does NOT state that it contains maltodextrin. It only lists the 4 good bacteria, fructooligosaccarhides (FOS) and dried apricot powder. However, FOS and the high amounts of good bacteria will initially cause a lot of gas and bloating until your body grows accustomed to that product. This product is a 7 day high intensity probiotic treatment. After the 4th or 5th day I no longer reacted with much bloating or gas.

SUE