ChemistMama

Cheesecake Factory

Rate this topic

I emailed Cheesecake factory about gluten-free items, and their response was the typical CYA statement (can't guarantee anything gluten-free). They no longer provide a specific list of items that you can order that can be made gluten-free, although they say they're working on a gluten-free menu. They suggest " non-marinated vegetables, chicken, steak, shrimp or fish, pan cooked as opposed to grilled. "

They also state that the Godiva cheesecake is gluten-free...there have been discussions on this board that Godiva chocolate itself isn't gluten-free so they're cautious about eating it, but some have eaten it and have had no reactions:

http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/lofivers....php/t9598.html

I'm going there Monday for my Mom's birthday Monday, I'll report back on how things went!

PS....anyone have any recent experience with them? I'm going to the one in Indianapolis.

I've eaten there a few times since going gluten-free and I've gotten the same thing each time. They're not really helpful about their items online and the staff hasn't been that helpful at my local restaurant (Arlington, VA). I went to the one at Old Orchard in Skokie, IL, and they were very helpful, but the options were still very limited. They offered me grilled chicken or steamed vegetables.

What I have ordered in the past was the Grilled Chicken Medallions without the balsamic glaze. It's 2 gigantic chicken breasts with red peppers, snow peas and other veggies served over rice. When I went the first time, my co-worker was so jealous of my healthy meal, but what she didn't realize is that the dish is very dry. There's absolutely no sauce so it's very bland. I've since learned to ask for a side of marinara to add to the dish. I've wanted to try the

I was never a huge fan of the Cheesecake Factory (huge menu, gigantic portions, but nothing spectacular), but I do miss 2 things - the Chicken Teriyaki and Oreo cheesecake. I may have to consider going back just to try the Godiva cheesecake.

Good luck today, ChemistMama, and let us know how it went!

I've eaten there a few times since going gluten-free and I've gotten the same thing each time. They're not really helpful about their items online and the staff hasn't been that helpful at my local restaurant (Arlington, VA). I went to the one at Old Orchard in Skokie, IL, and they were very helpful, but the options were still very limited. They offered me grilled chicken or steamed vegetables.

What I have ordered in the past was the Grilled Chicken Medallions without the balsamic glaze. It's 2 gigantic chicken breasts with red peppers, snow peas and other veggies served over rice. When I went the first time, my co-worker was so jealous of my healthy meal, but what she didn't realize is that the dish is very dry. There's absolutely no sauce so it's very bland. I've since learned to ask for a side of marinara to add to the dish. I've wanted to try the

I was never a huge fan of the Cheesecake Factory (huge menu, gigantic portions, but nothing spectacular), but I do miss 2 things - the Chicken Teriyaki and Oreo cheesecake. I may have to consider going back just to try the Godiva cheesecake.

Good luck today, ChemistMama, and let us know how it went!

They told me their chicken stuffed tortillas are gluten free, but I got foggy headed after eating them so don't believe it.

I emailed Cheesecake factory about gluten-free items, and their response was the typical CYA statement (can't guarantee anything gluten-free). They no longer provide a specific list of items that you can order that can be made gluten-free, although they say they're working on a gluten-free menu. They suggest " non-marinated vegetables, chicken, steak, shrimp or fish, pan cooked as opposed to grilled. "

They also state that the Godiva cheesecake is gluten-free...there have been discussions on this board that Godiva chocolate itself isn't gluten-free so they're cautious about eating it, but some have eaten it and have had no reactions:

http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/lofivers....php/t9598.html

I'm going there Monday for my Mom's birthday Monday, I'll report back on how things went!

\

Hi I'm new to this gluten free. My wife and I are fans of the cheesecake factory. Was there last week, talked to waiter, he bought the

manager over, and he said that he would work with me. Was able to do OK, not having my usual order. It was OK.