NE Mom

What Symptoms Other Than Gi Did You Have.....

Rate this topic

I was dx'd with Fibromyalgia two years ago but am now thinking that I might have a gluten intolerance. I've read a lot about the GI issues that go with Celiac but I'm wondering about other common symptoms. My main symptoms have been overwhelming fatigue, joint pain, overall soreness in all limbs, brain fog, cold intolerance, feel like I'm 40 years older than I am, GI issues which seem to arise with any dairy consumption, tingling in limbs, and RLS.

I'm curious what symptoms overs have experienced and how many have been dx'd with Fibro??

Thanks,

Sam

I was dx'd with Fibromyalgia two years ago but am now thinking that I might have a gluten intolerance. I've read a lot about the GI issues that go with Celiac but I'm wondering about other common symptoms. My main symptoms have been overwhelming fatigue, joint pain, overall soreness in all limbs, brain fog, cold intolerance, feel like I'm 40 years older than I am, GI issues which seem to arise with any dairy consumption, tingling in limbs, and RLS.

I'm curious what symptoms overs have experienced and how many have been dx'd with Fibro??

Thanks,

Sam

I had all the same symptoms you listed. I was dx'd with Celiac Disease in March of this year and Fibromyalgia in October after over 20years of these symptoms worsening with no diagnosis. My first months of gluten-free brought improvement to my bloating and other digestive issues, but none of the Fibro symptoms improved until just recently - I'm 9 months gluten-free and am supplementing with vitamins B, D, Calcium, Fish Oil, Malic Acid and some Essential Aminos.

I believe that the Fibromyalgia was a result of long term malnutrition from Celiac Disease. I'm 44 and have likely been Celiac my entire life.

Thanks,

Sam

I've had ongoing fatigue, joint and muscle pain, and brain fog. All of which are improved after a little over a month gluten free.

I believe that the Fibromyalgia was a result of long term malnutrition from Celiac Disease. I'm 44 and have likely been Celiac my entire life.

I agree!!!

I have not been diagnosed with Fibro--although I still experience muscle pain that is more or less constant.

As for the Celiac, in addition to digestive symptoms I had tingling and numbness, feelings of "burning" from the inside on my feet and face, anxiety, depression, fatigue, severe dizziness (from the anemia), brain fog, general achiness, and something that I can only describe as clumsiness/unsteady on my feet.

Overwhelming fatigue and pounding headaches were my two longest symptoms. The best we can figure, my pregnancy triggered my celiac, and I went gluten-free when my son was 2 1/2... so, I figure I caught it very early on. However, toward the end of my gluten filled journey, I was starting to have a lot of muscle aches, and somedays I felt beat up from the inside out. I think I was probably headed down a bad path, and thankfully caught a lot of stuff before it happened.

I am 2 years gluten-free, and I rarely have headaches, my fatigue is 100% better, and the unknown muscle aches are a thing of the past. I have a 4 yr old and an almost 4 month old who has just recently decided to sleep in a bed, and on some of my worst days, I still feel better than I did two years ago before I kicked the gluten. Hang in there! :)

Thank you everyone for your replies.

I also think my second pregnancy may have somehow triggered my Fibro (if that is really what it is). I was unable to eat multiple during this pregnancy because they made me sick, my daughter was born with a low birth weight and a anaphylactic allergy to dairy. See now has a total of 11 food allergies that we know of with the possiblity of more. My health has never been the same since giving birth to her.

The tTg results were all normal but I'm still waiting on the AGA IgG. A week of gluten free eating has me feeling better than I have in a couple of years until the last two days. Now I have to figure out if it is the roasted almonds from Walmart or the Honey Kix than may have contibuted to the debilitating fatigue the last two days.

Sam