ratty89

Intense Stomach Ache Happening Right Now

Rate this topic

So I made myself some gluten free baking which Ive had before, had eggs for lunch then some fresh from the oven baking. 5 minutes later I felt the urgency for a bowel movement. It was normal but straight afterward I developed really bad cant-stand-straight pains in my lower abdomen. Hoping it would pass, I had a shower and got really light headed and almost fainted. Since then Ive been back to the bathroom with D and am now lying down with a hot water bottle. The pain is intense and comes in waves. Unfortunately Im home alone currently and have no pain killers. I took some activated charcoal 10 minutes ago. I dont think I can go to the store as its such an effort to get from room to room even.

I have a mixed itchen but was careful as alwways when baking and making my lunch. Id used the flours before so I dont think they were CC from the store. I washed all my bowls etc before use...Im concerned about the pain. I dont see how I would have gotten glutened, and if I did it must have been a tiny amount...causing huge pain. Otherwise its all coicidental and theres something else going on?

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Is this your normal gluten reaction?

Well Ive only been gluten-free for 4 months but if I eat something bad its usually tiredness, bloating, different kind of pain. Ive had this kind of pain in the past before I went gluten-free....doctors didnt know what it was though.

So I made myself some gluten free baking which Ive had before, had eggs for lunch then some fresh from the oven baking. 5 minutes later I felt the urgency for a bowel movement. It was normal but straight afterward I developed really bad cant-stand-straight pains in my lower abdomen. Hoping it would pass, I had a shower and got really light headed and almost fainted. Since then Ive been back to the bathroom with D and am now lying down with a hot water bottle. The pain is intense and comes in waves. Unfortunately Im home alone currently and have no pain killers. I took some activated charcoal 10 minutes ago. I dont think I can go to the store as its such an effort to get from room to room even.

I have a mixed itchen but was careful as alwways when baking and making my lunch. Id used the flours before so I dont think they were CC from the store. I washed all my bowls etc before use...Im concerned about the pain. I dont see how I would have gotten glutened, and if I did it must have been a tiny amount...causing huge pain. Otherwise its all coicidental and theres something else going on?

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Hi Ratty,

I hope you feel better soon. Take some baking soda in water and then an hour later some lemon juice in water. That may help. Pineapple can help too as can papaya. If you have digestive enzymes they can help. L-glutamine is a godsend if you have it. Acidophilus/pro-biotcs are too. Plain yogurt also helps (assuming its OK for you).

You may well have gotten CC'd. Who knows from what in a shared kitchen. Maybe someone used your baking pan for something gluteny?? Or chopping board or whatever. It could also be a spice, especially if it was a mixed spice. Or somebody dipped into your flour with gluteny hands?

Got to watch out too for "natural flavors" or alcohol based extracts like vanilla. Be careful too of shared butter.

I have had stomach pains with certain gluten-free flours if I have them more than once in a week. I also have had sensitivity to things I can once in a great while but not more than that, like eggs or coconut or cheese or even sugar(s). Celiac after all often causes leaky gut syndrome which increases one's sensitivity to a whole array of foods.

Going off all flours helped me to become a little more tolerant of things like the eggs and cheese for instance--though of course not the gluten.

Eating more simply might eliminate some of the CC issues you are having too.

And yes, just a speck of gluten can be enough to set me off too. These days I try not to take any chances. You might want to consider getting your own small refrigerator you keep in your room and make sure nobody gets into your cookware and wooden utensils, cutting board etc. except you.

And by the way, make sure your soaps and detergents and lotions are gluten-free too--including no wheat germ based vitamin E, oat based ingredients or grain based alcohol.

Bea