kelley55

Starting A gluten-free Life...Help!

Rate this topic

hello everyone! i was recently diagnosed with stage 2 endometriosis. i have read several studies that a gluten free diet can reduce symptoms of endometriosis. since there is no cure or preventative treatment, i am hoping that a gluten-free diet and overall healthier lifestyle will be beneficial. where do i start? any suggestions for books or cook books to get started? any suggestions are helpful! thanks.

hello everyone! i was recently diagnosed with stage 2 endometriosis. i have read several studies that a gluten free diet can reduce symptoms of endometriosis. since there is no cure or preventative treatment, i am hoping that a gluten-free diet and overall healthier lifestyle will be beneficial. where do i start? any suggestions for books or cook books to get started? any suggestions are helpful! thanks.

The easiest way to get started is with whole, unprocessed foods. Since you don't have celiac or gluten intolerance, it's probably ok to add replacement foods. Here are some of my favorites:

Udi's whole grain bread- the best I've found, tastes "real"

Glutino crackers

Quinoa pasta- it's more firm than the rice or corn varieties

Udi's muffins and pizza crusts are really good

Sonoma brand Ivory Teff wraps are a good sub for flour tortillas

Betty Crocker gluten-free Brownie mix is delicious

As far as cookbooks go, I just got "Gluten free light and easy" by Carol Fenster, and it's pretty good.

If you plan to do a lot of baking, just know that it takes some practice to get the gluten free flour blends right.

If you plan to be 100% gluten free, be careful of hidden gluten. I believe there's a link on the front page. Good luck to you and happy gluten free living! You'll find lots of people here willing to help with your journey!

Janie