mlarson

I Think I Have Been Glutened!

Rate this topic

Hi- I'm new here. I've been gluten free since May 2009. Prior to finding out about having celiac, I had my gall bladder removed b/c they didn't know what else to do. Surprise surprise it didn't help and 7 months later I had to suggest having the celiac test done!

Anyways, I have been doing REALLY well since then!! But tonight I think I have been glutened! I was wondering if anyone has any "home remedies" they use to help relieve some symptoms??

My symptoms tend to be:

Gas

Tightness/Pain/Crampy in my stomach on the left side directly below my diaphragm

Typically i get anxiety attacks when I feel this way as well

Sometimes, but not as often as before going gluten free, diarrhea

Also it feels as if my stomach/intestines have their own pulse!

Any suggestions would be really helpful!!

Thanks!!!

Hi- I'm new here. I've been gluten free since May 2009. Prior to finding out about having celiac, I had my gall bladder removed b/c they didn't know what else to do. Surprise surprise it didn't help and 7 months later I had to suggest having the celiac test done!

Anyways, I have been doing REALLY well since then!! But tonight I think I have been glutened! I was wondering if anyone has any "home remedies" they use to help relieve some symptoms??

My symptoms tend to be:

Gas

Tightness/Pain/Crampy in my stomach on the left side directly below my diaphragm

Typically i get anxiety attacks when I feel this way as well

Sometimes, but not as often as before going gluten free, diarrhea

Also it feels as if my stomach/intestines have their own pulse!

Any suggestions would be really helpful!!

Thanks!!!

I havent been badly glutened yet but when i was not gluten free and my stomach always felt like yours(Cramp, bloat, and tightness) I would lay down on the bed or my couch and put a heating pad on my stomach. If you dont have a heating pad a heated up towel either from the microwave or heated with hot water will work as well. It helps a bit(until you get up)

Just try to take it easy and give your body a rest:)