snoopdawn

3 Year Old With Severe Stomach Pains

Rate this topic

Hi! I have a 3 year old son recently diagnosed with Celiac disease, confirmed blood/biopsy. He has been doing well on gluten-free diet; however, when he accidently eats just a small amount of gluten, he suffers from SEVERE, debilitating stomach pains, vomiting, loss of appetite, and extreme fatigue for 2-4 days and can only tolerate sips of water during this time. He has never experienced diarrhea. Just wondering if anyone else out there suffers from such pain and for such a long period of time. Is this common? Gas medications, tylenol seem to help just slightly. Anything that helps with the pain?? Any info would help. Thanks!!!

Hi! I have a 3 year old son recently diagnosed with Celiac disease, confirmed blood/biopsy. He has been doing well on gluten-free diet; however, when he accidently eats just a small amount of gluten, he suffers from SEVERE, debilitating stomach pains, vomiting, loss of appetite, and extreme fatigue for 2-4 days and can only tolerate sips of water during this time. He has never experienced diarrhea. Just wondering if anyone else out there suffers from such pain and for such a long period of time. Is this common? Gas medications, tylenol seem to help just slightly. Anything that helps with the pain?? Any info would help. Thanks!!!

I'm much older than your son (35 to be exact) but whenever I ingest some gluten (not that I mean to) I get all of those symptoms except for the vomiting, I end up with the diarrhea instead. I haven't really found anything that works well. Some tylenol and gas meds but I usually have to wait it out. Sorry I don't have any sure way to help out. and yes mine usually lasts for about 3-4 days, I think it all depends on the amount that has been ingested.