Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PreOptMegs

Any Gluten Free Ice Creams?

are the Carvel cakes just ice cream or do they have a (gluten) cake base??? Dairy Queen's Ice cream cakes have a (gluten) cake base.

Carvel cakes are all ice cream (YUM!!!), but you have to be careful still because they like to put "crunchies" in between layers. Basicly these are cookie crumbs.

And of course check the flavor/toppings of the ice cream, as normal. :D

- Vincent -

Turtle Mountain's Soy Delicious "non-dairy frozen desserts" are good too, though it varies by flavor. ;-) (The organic chocolate flavor is my favorite - good texture and taste.)

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

The Carvel cakes in my area, New England, are all made with chocolate and vanilla ice cream, but the cake has to be ordereithout the crunchies as I previously stated. Since the cake has to "set" one cannot go into the store and get a cake right on the spot. It does need to be pre-ordered. The gels for the toppings are also gluten-free.By this I mean the gels used to write a message or to decorate the cake with a character. They make a nice cake alternative for a birthday party, as there is no risk of contamination from a regular type cake. Many of my daughters friends even ordered the cakes for their parties because they didn't want my daughter to feel left out. However, it is wise to check the cake was made without crunchies before leaving the store in case the person making the cake missed it on the order.

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    MeganFletcher2019
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Who's Online (See full list)