glutefree

Gluten Free Medications Now Not Gluten Free!

Rate this topic

My Dr. says that I am still getting small amounts of gluten in my diet so I started calling again about all of my medicines. Suddenly medicines that were once gluten free are now getting the message: They do not contain gluten ingredients, but we cannot guarantee that the raw materials used in them is gluten free! I no longer have any antacids that are truly gluten free. Have you found your medicines to be the same message lately? Anyone have suggestions on a gluten free antacid?

My Dr. says that I am still getting small amounts of gluten in my diet so I started calling again about all of my medicines. Suddenly medicines that were once gluten free are now getting the message: They do not contain gluten ingredients, but we cannot guarantee that the raw materials used in them is gluten free! I no longer have any antacids that are truly gluten free. Have you found your medicines to be the same message lately? Anyone have suggestions on a gluten free antacid?

Have yout tried Pepto Bismal liquid? That usually works great for me on the occasions that I get glutened. Even better is figuring out what is giving you pain and avoiding it. A food log can sometimes help.

CYA. I wouldn't worry about it myself.

richard

Rolaids soft chews are NOT gluten free.

CYA. I wouldn't worry about it myself.

richard

Ditto. "Can't guarantee raw materials are gluten free" does not mean "contains gluten".

Ditto. "Can't guarantee raw materials are gluten free" does not mean "contains gluten".

I tended to think that they were applying the CYA mentality and have continued my zantac. I have an ulcer and I have to have something. I have been desperately trying to figure out what caused the ulcer to happen, but in the meantime I need something to take to keep the acid down.