• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

BigDogz

How Should I Handle This In The Future?

Rate this topic

Ok, I have a question about this question. Are all white and red wines gluten free? What about the fizzy wines?

All wines are gluten free. Wine Coolers are a different horse, and contacting with the manufacturer is a must.

Does anyone know about the flavored Vodka's? An old favorite is UV Blue but I have been staying away from it since I was diagnosed. It would be great to find something familiar again.

A little harsh there. The OP stated clearly that drinking is not a regular activity for them, but everyone wants to be included in a celebration. We lose so much food culture and we lose our freedom to eat out and eat at parties safely. It's hard to go into a social situation and not know what you can and can't have. It wasn't at all about a "need to drink alcohol."

There is nothing wrong with wanting to have a drink with your friends at a celebration and feel sad about being left out. I'm not a big drinker by any means but I do LOVE good wine and really good high quality beer. I sobbed like a baby about not ever being able to have Guinness again even though I only drink it maybe TWICE a year. Knowing I can never ever have that experience again made me sad.

There ARE things that are about the food or the drink or whatever and that's just the way it is.

I will agree with you there, the loss of Guinness and Black Horse nearly broke my heart.