Anna and Marie

Any Feelings Left?

Rate this topic

Hey everyone :)

I'm wondering if there is anyone else whose emotions are undefined. Sometimes I feel a range of emotions and am constantly happy but mostly, due to the fog I think, there is nothing else. I know when some emotions are expected and I try to express them but am a horrible faker. Then there is dating, could that be any less murky? So, does anyone else experience this suppression of emotions? Is this something that will fade in time as we heal or are there ways anyone has found to break through & feel things?

My sister is a feely person. She reads the obituaries and cries even if she doesn't know anyone listed. She throws parties and everyone comes.

I'm a flatliner. I care, I'd just rather not deal with it. It all just makes me feel tired and overwhelmed. So maybe when I stop glutenizing myself by accident life will be more fun.

Gluten can affect the brain, so it is not impossible to feel depressed, or flat, or anything else for that matter due to gluten. Brains are pretty important things for us, so it does pay to try to minimize any gluten in the diet. There is some thought that (gliaden) can act like opiates in the brain. And some research that it can destroy brain cells. Also there is some linkage to schizophrenia. It's just plain bad stuff for us.

how long have you had celiac for ?

because if you just got it recently, it can also affect your mind with the sudden strict and not very fun change

:(

how long have you had celiac for ?

because if you just got it recently, it can also affect your mind with the sudden strict and not very fun change

:(

5 years now, not glutened in over 8 months, so maybe its because of something else? lupus is one suspect, but that is very hard to diagnose even if the doctor thinks that is whats going on. there were hormone replacement meds a couple of years ago that led to periods of memory loss(side effect). That could be it too. I guess its not part of celiac. I've looked online before for connections b/t celiac and not feeling stuff and haven't found answers. I guess I want a solid assurance of some kind, childish I'm aware but wanted all the same :) it has gotten much better since memory loss quit its cycle, I'm laughing all the time now but its the heart&soul stuff that remains out of reach