This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Trying To Make Zucchini Bread

Bobbijo6681

Bobbijo6681 Apprentice

Tonight I wanted to use up some Zucchini that I had in the fridge and decided to try and make some bread with it. I have made it before with "gluten" flour so I tried to make it without to see what would happen. It turned out and tastes OK, but it just isn't quite right. Any ideas on how to make it better?

Here is what I used:

3 Eggs

1 3/4 cup Sugar

1c vegetable oil

2 cups flour(I used 1 cup brown rice flour, 1/2 cup of each tapioca flour and white rice flour)

1tsp of baking powder

2tsp of baking soda

1 tsp of salt

2tsp of vanilla

2 tsp of cinnimon

1c zucchini

then baked it at 350 for about an hour and fifteen minutes(the original recipe was for 55-65 mins)

Thanks for your ideas!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Wolicki Enthusiast

Tonight I wanted to use up some Zucchini that I had in the fridge and decided to try and make some bread with it. I have made it before with "gluten" flour so I tried to make it without to see what would happen. It turned out and tastes OK, but it just isn't quite right. Any ideas on how to make it better?

Here is what I used:

3 Eggs

1 3/4 cup Sugar

1c vegetable oil

2 cups flour(I used 1 cup brown rice flour, 1/2 cup of each tapioca flour and white rice flour)

1tsp of baking powder

2tsp of baking soda

1 tsp of salt

2tsp of vanilla

2 tsp of cinnimon

1c zucchini

then baked it at 350 for about an hour and fifteen minutes(the original recipe was for 55-65 mins)

Thanks for your ideas!!

I think you need to add some xantham gum. It replaces the gluten, which gives baked goods texture. I think the ratio is 1 tsp x gum for every cup of flour. I am not an experienced baker, but I have gotten some gluten free baking experience, so I think that's it. Look up Trillum Hunter or Rice Guy or Irish Daveyboy on this site. They're all great bakers :P

My first muffins completely fell apart. That's how I learned my x gum lesson <_<

Juliebove Rising Star

I use the recipe here on this site (not this forum) but sub in flax meal and water for the egg. It's really yummy!

Bobbijo6681 Apprentice

Thanks for sharing your ideas, I will pick up some Zanthum Gum and try that next time. Very appreciated.

Darissa Contributor

I use my pre-gluten baking days recipe for zucchini bread and replace the flour with Pamelas Pancake and Baking mix. I don't add zanthum gum because the Pameala's mix already has it in it. I also do not add my baking powder or soda since it is in the mix too. I do add an extra egg for moisture.

I use a lot of my old recipes (prior to gluten-free baking) and replace it with Pamealas baking mix. We really like it. I would try it with your recipe you posted here and see how it turns out. We also the Pamela's for our blueberry muffins and bannana bread recipes.

Good luck!

Archived