BigDogz

Need Help From Pa & Surrounding States

Rate this topic

Hey, guys...

One of the best places I've found in my area to get gluten-free flours and mixes is a small, independent, Amish-owned bulk foods store. They have been more than accommodating in stocking products as well as very open to bringing in new gluten-free products.

As I was browsing through the store today, I passed by the meat section and my eye was caught by some Jalapeno & Cheese hot dogs produced by John F. Martin & Sons, Inc. - an Amish company based in Stevens, PA. They looked...and sounded...really good but when I read the ingredient list I was too afraid to try them. It all sounded ok until I got to that horribly ambiguous phrase "Natural flavorings".

Since some Amish business in my area have websites, I took a chance that Martin's might, too. They don't. I tried a quick board search here to see if I could find anything anyone posted and came up empty. I do have a phone number for Martin's but I thought I'd toss out in inquiry here before making a long distance phone call.

Anyone out there know what, if any, of John F. Martin & Sons products are gluten-free?