glutefree

I Can'T Get Rid Of My Canker Sores!

Rate this topic

Hi, I am desperate. I have been cankersores nonstop! I have been gluten free for about 1.5 years and all was going well until a few months ago. It seems that I have a duodenal ulcer, but I also have cankersores everywhere and once they heal I get more of them. I have been checking and rechecking my diet to see if I am getting gluten. Someone mentioned that I may have another food intolerance causing them.

Any advice or thoughts are appreciated.

It would be helpful to know if you have any other symptoms other than the canker sores. What are your doctors doing for your duodenal ulcer?

Yes, other food intolerances are a possibility; do you avoid anything other than gluten? And do you keep a food diary? Are you on any other medications? Methotrexate gave me apthous ulcers in the mouth.

I'd agree that it could be some additional food intolerance. If you eat dairy, that would be my first suspect. The remaining top allergens should also be considered, though without more insight, there's no way anyone can be certain. It sounds like you'll need to avoid some foods for awhile and see what happens. Once you get relief, challenge each food you've been avoiding, one at a time, until you narrow down the culprit(s).