Rate this topic

Does your daycare provider understand the nutritional needs of your child?

Mine doesn't!! For some reason she just can't seem to get it through her head. Today she gave her hotdogs & said "well they are all beef, so whats the problem?". Now my daughter is going through a diaper every 30 mins.

I am so upset...

Hot dogs (the wieners) are almost always gluten-free. Until recently, Nathan's had wheat, but I understand that they no longer do. Now, the buns that they are commonly served on, are a whole different matter. Did she have a bun?

Hot dogs (the wieners) are almost always gluten-free. Until recently, Nathan's had wheat, but I understand that they no longer do. Now, the buns that they are commonly served on, are a whole different matter. Did she have a bun?

She has a milk/soy protein and Corn allergy :( She tested negative for Celiac but I was trying her gluten-free just to test it out.

I work at a daycare and we have several kids of different ages that have food allergies. Most of them have more than one allergy too. I think it's crazy that they aren't really even trying to educate themselves on this. The other teacher I work with are extremely cautious about foods being around the kids with allergies. We have a "special" table/high chairs for them to sit at during snacks and lunch so they feel included still but are safe. It is not that hard..the parents send special snacks and packed lunches to school with them. If we are going to have a special treat we have the parents read the ingredients and if it not safe then we find something else to bring. Have you thought about talking to the Daycare Administrator? or finding a different facility?