jasonD2

Company Dinner- Contd

Rate this topic

I posted a few days ago on my company dinner- again thankfully I was able to have safe food thanks to the kind and diligent staff. Of course I got the raised eyebrows when I got my own salad and food that looked nothing like what everyone else was eating, but at least i didnt go to bed sick...unlike everyone else at the table who had heartburn and was belching up rancid foulness from binge eating. what i dont understand is why people must over eat the way they do...its just nasty. also the meals were family style and the servers kept bringing out massive platters of pasta coated with thick sauces and cheese...i just dont see the appeal. Does this make me a food snob?

The 2nd night was a bit of a disappointment. The plan was to go to Firebirds which has a gluten-free menu but then my boss said hes calling the shots and everyone wound up going to Longhorn..I politely said that I was going to skip out on dinner, just pick something up at the market and then go back to my room to work and my boss was fine with that. I was upset, because i was looking forward to a nice steak dinner at Firebirds but my boss felt it was too pricey. SO I just had rice pasta, a piece of salmon and greenbeans in my hotel room

Oh Jason what are we going to do with you! Longhorn will grill a lovely steak on foil for us gluten-free people. You missed out again by not doing your homework ahead of time! Again the manager comes out & prepares a steak to your liking rare, medium or well.

You must always preplan when you know the restaurant. I know that it may not always be the case that you know where you will be having dinner but for the times you know PLEASE call ahead so you don't miss out...

Remember you have control over celiac don't let it control you.....

oh jeez really? I didnt know that- ugh! :(

Bummer! I know that fear that paralyzes you and makes you want to run away from eating out.

Have you started the antiparasite meds yet? How is it going with that?

oh jeez really? I didnt know that- ugh! :(

I've actually eaten at Longhorn a number of times, they have a gluten free menu. I think this is the sort of case where you might want to just invest the money in a call to 411 and call the place as soon as you find out you're going there. They have great steak and you definitely missed out.

no havent started yet- still waiting on the follow up labs..so probly another week. Right now just building myself up so I will be able to better tolerate the meds