Great_White_North

Specific Carbohydrate Diet

Rate this topic

Has anyone tried going on this diet and if so have you achieved any improvements or success? I know of a woman who has reversed her Celiac symptoms completely by sticking to this diet for 2.5yrs. She was then able to slowly start to introduce Gluten containing foods again. And now is eating a normal diet once again.

I haven't had the dedication to stick to a grain free, sugar free diet. From what I understand the only flour she could have was an Almond flour and you have to make a home made yogurt that is has lots enzimes. The goal is to keep everything neutral in your intenstines while increasing the level "good guys" in your intestines.

I was just wondering if anyone else has tried this and found the further restricted diet was worth the effort?

Website about this diet

Has anyone tried going on this diet and if so have you achieved any improvements or success? I know of a woman who has reversed her Celiac symptoms completely by sticking to this diet for 2.5yrs. She was then able to slowly start to introduce Gluten containing foods again. And now is eating a normal diet once again.

I haven't had the dedication to stick to a grain free, sugar free diet. From what I understand the only flour she could have was an Almond flour and you have to make a home made yogurt that is has lots enzimes. The goal is to keep everything neutral in your intenstines while increasing the level "good guys" in your intestines.

I was just wondering if anyone else has tried this and found the further restricted diet was worth the effort?

Website about this diet

That's a very dangerous and stupid thing to do! Even though she might not be having symptoms, damage is being done!