cbur53

Multiple Allergy Cooking

Rate this topic

Hi, I'm new on this forum, and haven't searched everything, so this might have been covered somewhere else. Anyway, I'm wondering if there is a website where one can type in one's food allergies and only those recipes come up that eliminate the whole list? It seems that I wade through so many recipes that have one thing that I can't have, and I'm frustrated. My list includes gluten (don't have celiac results back so I don't know how serious), corn, tree nuts, milk (yogurt and cheese are OK), eggs, garlic, green beans, coconut, and a few others.

Also, are millet and quinoa banned under gluten-free? There seem to be lists with and without those grains.

And, how serious is breathing wheat flour when one is supposed to be gluten-free? Yesterday I was cleaning the grain-grinder and started to feel awful, and wondered if that was it.

Thank you.

What timing! I just found a site that does exactly that - lets you search for recipes while avoiding allergens - like three days ago! They have about a page and a half of allergens to pick from, so they likely have all your allergens you need to exclude.

It's here: cookingallergyfree.com

Millet and quinoa are fine for gluten-free diets. Breathing in gluten flour often gives you enough gluten down your throat to do you in, sadly. I'd guess you have it right and you got glutened. I have a little paper mask (ear-loop mask) I wear to keep safe in potential 'breathing in gluten' situations. Those help. Drug stores are selling them, now, ever since H1N1 popped up.

Good luck, and hope the allergy site helps!

Hi, I'm new on this forum, and haven't searched everything, so this might have been covered somewhere else. Anyway, I'm wondering if there is a website where one can type in one's food allergies and only those recipes come up that eliminate the whole list? It seems that I wade through so many recipes that have one thing that I can't have, and I'm frustrated. My list includes gluten (don't have celiac results back so I don't know how serious), corn, tree nuts, milk (yogurt and cheese are OK), eggs, garlic, green beans, coconut, and a few others.

Also, are millet and quinoa banned under gluten-free? There seem to be lists with and without those grains.

And, how serious is breathing wheat flour when one is supposed to be gluten-free? Yesterday I was cleaning the grain-grinder and started to feel awful, and wondered if that was it.

Thank you.

www.mealsforyou.com has a great site. On it you can click on the food items that you either want to include or exclude and it will search its recipe database for recipes that fit your criteria. When I was starting this diet it was a great relief to find this free site. Good Luck and stick with it!

I know this is a bit late, but I don't spend a lot of time on here. I just want to thank those of you who replied, for the sites and the encouragement, for taking time to write. I really appreciate it.

Connie