sandiz

2 Months gluten-free And Now Have Itchy Bumps, Any One Have These?

Rate this topic

I am 2 months gluten-free and have had great success. My headache of 30 yrs went away, pain in hands and feet disappeared, the tummy rumbles in the morning have gone. I have lost inches and even managed to lose a couple of pounds. I have way more energy and at time felt like I was on a caffeine buzz.

I had been diagnosed with IBS over 10 yrs ago and before I went gluten-free was very tired all the time, my doctor disregarded this along with all my other symptoms. Weird thing is that from going to allergist I was told I am allergic to flour. Never told not to eat it.

My question is, for the past few nights I have woken up feeling very itchy on my legs and back. Now on my chest and I have bumps coming out too. Could this be one of the ways that gluten leaves your system? Has anyone else had the same thing?

It is more likely you are getting some CC somewhere. This sounds like it could be DH. Do check your toiletries and lotions, soaps and go with a detergent like Arm and Hammer Free and Clear and see if that makes a difference.

Detox herbs like dandelion, licorice root and cleavers can help. Sounds like your body is trying to detox on its own and the liver and lymphatic system is maxed out. These herbs help those two systems along. Using marshmallow root can also help by reducing inflammation and helping to heal the damaged villi lining your intestines--which likely is the source of your problems.

Just avoid any alcohol based tinctures due to likely gluten. Don't take the licorice root for more than 10 days at a time, and then take a week off. Otherwise it can raise your blood pressure. Its an adaptogen and helps make the other herbs more effective, is good for the adrenals and against certain viruses, plus it has a pleasant taste.

I also found just last night that St. John's Wort oil is a godsend for those itchy bumpies (at least for me!). Whether I have DH or not I don't know. However it worked. It might be a virus or bacteria or what. I also find olive leaf tea and capsules help me too... The olive leaf is excellent against long standing viruses, bacteria, tiny microbial critters and the like.

I have found too that it really helps to eat lots of 24 hour home made plain yogurt as well as a ton of greens every day. Blending veggies is a good alternative to cooking when you just don't want to any more... People tell me by the way that I have very beautiful skin. Wasn't always so... I used to have tiny outbreaks all over my back and haunches as well as in my scalp and the sides of my neck... Going off the gluten helped immensely, but so has going on the herbs!

Again as already suggested consider looking at your soaps, shampoos and lotions. You might find they have gluten in them. Cross contamination (CC)from gluten from who knows where might also be a culprit. I have learned to always wash my hands before eating due to possible CC problems...

Bea

I am 2 months gluten-free and have had great success. My headache of 30 yrs went away, pain in hands and feet disappeared, the tummy rumbles in the morning have gone. I have lost inches and even managed to lose a couple of pounds. I have way more energy and at time felt like I was on a caffeine buzz.

I had been diagnosed with IBS over 10 yrs ago and before I went gluten-free was very tired all the time, my doctor disregarded this along with all my other symptoms. Weird thing is that from going to allergist I was told I am allergic to flour. Never told not to eat it.

My question is, for the past few nights I have woken up feeling very itchy on my legs and back. Now on my chest and I have bumps coming out too. Could this be one of the ways that gluten leaves your system? Has anyone else had the same thing?

Are the bumps filled with a clear liquid? It's probably dermititis herpetiformis, which is very related to gluten intolerance. For patients with DH who start a gluten free diet, the rash can take up to two years to go away, but usually is gone much sooner. Keep up the gluten-free diet!

Are the bumps filled with a clear liquid? It's probably dermititis herpetiformis, which is very related to gluten intolerance. For patients with DH who start a gluten free diet, the rash can take up to two years to go away, but usually is gone much sooner. Keep up the gluten-free diet!

I hope you will forgive a bit of clarification. The antibodies in the skin take up to two years to leave but the lesions themselves will heal quicker than that gluten free. However even a small amount of gluten will cause a new outbreak until those antibodies have gone. After the antibodies have finally resolved DH outbreaks should be milder and quick to heal after a bit of exposure but it is vital to be a strict as is humanly possible to allow the antibodies to resolve.