Rate this topic

Just got back from the Doctor's office. Was told all my symptoms were allergies. Told me to get some Zyrtec/Claratin (sp?). Bought some Zyrtec allergy and called the toll free number on the package. They told me the ingredients are the same as the prescription zyrtec. Could not tell me if prescription zyrtec had gluten. Can anyone help? Is it safe? Could I take Zyrtec Allergy 10mg?

Thanks,

Wenmin

I don't know about Zyrtec, but I do know Clariton is gluten free. I called them last month to confirm it.

I hope that helps! :)

Did the doctor do any actual allergy testing? What symptoms is he saying are 'just allergies'. If you can consult an allergist who can test and figure out what you are allergic to so you can avoid it IMHO that is better than taking a med.

As far as the Zyrtec goes if the rep couldn't tell you whether it was gluten free or not I would avoid it. Or call again and hope you get a rep who is more concerned with their job than the solitaire game you interupted. The reps response to you was in my opinion really poor customer service.

I take Zyrtec with no issues and I am pretty sensitive.

Did the doctor do any actual allergy testing? What symptoms is he saying are 'just allergies'. If you can consult an allergist who can test and figure out what you are allergic to so you can avoid it IMHO that is better than taking a med.

As far as the Zyrtec goes if the rep couldn't tell you whether it was gluten free or not I would avoid it. Or call again and hope you get a rep who is more concerned with their job than the solitaire game you interupted. The reps response to you was in my opinion really poor customer service.

Just the typical runny nose, sneezing and sore throat. Not a cold, just allergies!

Probably pollen.....

Thanks to all for replying...

Wenmin