kyga

Odd Skin Symptom Gluten Related?

Rate this topic

I have a definite gluten sensitivity, and an odd skin symptom that I've never heard of anyone else having. I wonder if it's related. My skin, in different places over my body and at different times, feels overly sensitive, if that makes any sense. It feels generally irritated and achy if anything touches it, including clothes. I used to only feel this way when I had a fever. Has anyone heard of this as a gluten related symptom or as any kind of symptom?

I have the same kind of symptoms. According to my rhuematologist it's due to my having fibromyalgia. To put it simply, the nerves are on hyperdrive.

I've had that same skin sensitivity thing since I was in college, which was umpty-ump years ago. It's only recently that I've suspected gluten was the cause. Gluten is almost certainly behind my neuropathy, so why not skin nerve cell damage as well? Makes perfect sense.

BTW, I haven't had one instance of skin sensitivity since going gluten free back in October. :D

I get this too from time to time, but usually only during PMS. It's interesting that you mention this -- I have been gluten free for 10 days now and I'm PMSing right now and my skin is not currently aching like that. Hmmmm.

Interesting! I get that when I have fevers too, but my daughter always complains about clothes being uncofortable and every bump and stitch irritates her. I wonder...