Rate this topic

Hello:

I was diagnosed 2 months ago with celiac disease. I was so relieved when I found out what was wrong with me. I have seen little to no improvement in my bowel movements. My positive attitude is fading. I have had nothing but diarrhea for the past 6 years!! (eww) I thought this would go away, but it hasn't. Has anyone else experienced severe diarrhea like this? Severe stomach bloating? (I look 5 months pregnant) I am so paranoid about every little thing I eat soooo what's up!??? Help :)

Thanks in advance for your input!

Dani

Hello:

I was diagnosed 2 months ago with celiac disease. I was so relieved when I found out what was wrong with me. I have seen little to no improvement in my bowel movements. My positive attitude is fading. I have had nothing but diarrhea for the past 6 years!! (eww) I thought this would go away, but it hasn't. Has anyone else experienced severe diarrhea like this? Severe stomach bloating? (I look 5 months pregnant) I am so paranoid about every little thing I eat soooo what's up!??? Help :)

Thanks in advance for your input!

Dani

i had d & c combo but i had major bloating (i was just accidentally glutened after 2 months free and my stomach stayed bloated 3" for 6 days. crazy.

Some people take longer to heal than others, so please be patient and stick to it....It will hopefully get better soon. If you haven't done so already try eliminating things like Soy/Dairy/Corn/Nightshades and see if those help. Some people can not tolerate those foods while they are in the healing process, but can then add them back in after they are feeling better.

I hope it gets better for you soon!! Lots of hugs coming your way!!

It took me 6 months before I felt better. It might have helped if I had cut out dairy and alcohol. That is the kicker about hindsight:)

Hez

I never had problems with dairy, but when I started gluten free after about 2 weeks I became intolerant to the dairy and now I am feeling much better. Just a thought, hard but worth it.

1. It's early in the healing process... I'd give it more time.

2. Are you confident that you are avoiding ALL sources of wheat, including things like soy sauce and barley malt (common in many boxed cereals)?

3. Have you eliminated all sources of contamination including shared cutting boards, toasters, wooden spoons, condiments, counter space, and non-stick pans?

3. Have you eliminated all sources of contamination including shared cutting boards, toasters, wooden spoons, condiments, counter space, and non-stick pans?

This is a great question. To it, I'd add: are you using lotion or chapstick that could be "glutening" you without you reazling it? It's so tough to have all your bases covered. I've been at this for a while, but I still feel like every time I turn around, I'm finding little ways that gluten is sneaking into my diet (like SALSA made on equipment shared with wheat... SALSA!)

Hang in there! Read labels religiously! And, when you think you are ready, you might try eliminating other common allergens, one at a time.

This is a great question. To it, I'd add: are you using lotion or chapstick that could be "glutening" you without you reazling it? It's so tough to have all your bases covered. I've been at this for a while, but I still feel like every time I turn around, I'm finding little ways that gluten is sneaking into my diet (like SALSA made on equipment shared with wheat... SALSA!)

Hang in there! Read labels religiously! And, when you think you are ready, you might try eliminating other common allergens, one at a time.

Thanks for the encouragement!! My chapstick is burts bees, no soy sauce, new toaster, new makeup!! I am dairy free and gluten free. I am going to try cutting out corn and soy next.

Thanks everyone for the input.