sandiz

Teeth And Gluten

Rate this topic

I am wondering if anyone has notice a difference in their teeth? I recently went for a check up and asked my dentist if anything they used had gluten in it, apparently they did years ago but not anymore. Every other year I would go for a check up I was booked to go back in weeks for fillings and I usually had about 2. This year I only have a tiny speck that they want to keep an eye on.

It wasn't until a few days later that it hit me that for the first time every I had no cavity. My thinking is that I am no longer poisoning my self.

I am wondering if anyone has notice a difference in their teeth? I recently went for a check up and asked my dentist if anything they used had gluten in it, apparently they did years ago but not anymore. Every other year I would go for a check up I was booked to go back in weeks for fillings and I usually had about 2. This year I only have a tiny speck that they want to keep an eye on.

It wasn't until a few days later that it hit me that for the first time every I had no cavity. My thinking is that I am no longer poisoning my self.

There's actually a link between tooth enamel defects and celiac, so it might be connected.

There's actually a link between tooth enamel defects and celiac, so it might be connected.

My daughter had ridiculously weak teeth before she was diagnosed. Now they are white and beautiful. :D

I had a teeth staining issue before my body was completely healed. :)

Last check up and the dental hygienist was astonished that I had absolutely no plaque on my teeth. No cavities, no issues. I've noticed that since going gluten-free/sf my teeth feel so smooth as if I've gone for a cleaning, everyday! They also seem a bit whiter.

I've noticed the same thing myself. Before, when I would go to the dentist I'd have tons of cavities, no enamel, etc. even though I was doing everything the dentist wanted. Since going gluten-free almost a year ago my two check-ups have gone great and been the first time in years I haven't had a cavity.